Tuesday, September 3, 2013

To Die For Carrot Cake

We were invited to our neighbors house for a BBQ and get-to-know-you-time. It was such a great time. We are extremely blessed to have wonderful people on all sides of us. Thank you to Jeff, Paula and Gracie for having us. It was a great time.
While they supplied the bulk of the yumminess, I did get to bring dessert. I searched and searched for a "healthier" recipe, but finally just adapted 2 recipes I found to one that I liked. Next time, I will try gluten-free flour instead of pastry flour.

Carrot Cake
Pre-heat Oven 300 degrees
Bake 50-60 minutes

2 cups sugar
1 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
4 eggs

2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 cups shredded carrots (about 5 large carrots)
4 ounces almond slices (I soaked mine in the wet ingredients while mixing the dry)

Cream the wet ingredients together.
Add almonds to wet ingredients.
In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients then slowly add to the wet ingredients. After the dry and wet ingredients are mixed well, stir in the carrots.

Pour in a greased (coconut oil) cake pan (9x13).
After it is baked top with cream cheese icing. Nom Nom!

*Note I will be playing with this recipe to make it gluten-free and will keep you updated.

**In addition, the cake was quickly devoured.

No comments:

Post a Comment