Thursday, March 14, 2013

Renovation Updates Day 4

Sorry I didn't hit Day 3--it was filled with boring things: clean up, wall paper, measuring, etc... Today was also filled with wall paper and cat-pee scraping. Nasty nasty work. For those of you who are cat owners--I'm sorry, but seriously?! These people lived in this house?! Remember those pictures from Day 1 and Day 2? Yeah, the ones of the floor? Holy cow. I scraped and scraped and scraped under all of the drywall, on the drywall, on the sub-flooring and up and under the framing posts today! Mind you, I'm not talking a "little-scrub-here-a-little-scrub-there". I'm talking "lube-up-the-elbow-and-let's-dig-into-the-1/2"-crusty-nasty-poo-and-pee-that-has-accumulated-over-the-last-22-years-scraping". I gagged and vacuumed and gasped for fresh air, then, I scraped wall paper (the inventor needs to be shot), then returned to the gagging.
It was a pretty uneventful day--minus cat-pee and wall paper. *If you haven't caught on, I will never own cats--or wallpaper--ever.
Well, because my hands were extremely filthy, I avoided touching my phone unless they were first washed, then sanitized (16 times--seemed like a good number). So I have 3 photos to show for it today. You're lucky....it's only wallpaper. ;)

You may think the first two photos are the exact same, but if you look close enough, you will see there is one little strip missing in the 2nd photo. That is what 45 minutes of soaking (15 min. intervals) and 5 minutes of scraping get ya. LOL





No comments:

Post a Comment